You spoke, we listened!
As good as last year was, we know some areas could’ve been slightly better so we have been putting a few things in place.
Firstly our site manager Neil has been hard at work and managed to secure a later time for vacating on Sunday the 25th. Campers will now have until 12pm to get packed up and make their way home. Campsite opens Friday 23rd August 2pm. Arena gates will be open 10.30am with Samarkind hitting the stage at 11.30am. The show will end at 11pm. Campsite vacated by 12pm Sunday 25th.
We’ve increased the number of food vendors and we will have a huge selection including BBQ, Curry, Pizza, Fish & Chips, Wraps, Sandwiches, Kebabs, something for the sweet tooth, along with a very good range of vegan and vegetarian options across the board.
To add to last years metal vendors we are also introducing a larger covered area for more smaller traders to show their wares with everything from merchandise, memorabilia to unique items you don’t normally see in the shops.
We are also hoping to have small general dealers for cigarettes, vapes & other necessities.
The arena will see improved toilet areas with an increased number of portaloos and urinals across the site.
Also for 2019, we are introducing a wellbeing area next to the information tent. This will be a quieter calmer part of the arena which will offer a warm welcome and a cuppa to anyone who is feeling slightly overwhelmed or in need of some timeout during the course of the show. Don’t be a stranger.
For campers, The Midlands Metalheads Friday night party wristbands will be available from the gate at 6pm. This is on a first come first served basis and limited to one per ticket holder. This is open to people with camping tickets only.
Finally we will have our friends from Planet Rock hosting a signing tent. This will be an ideal opportunity to get your Stonedeaf event programme signed for the ultimate souvenir. Signing times will be confirmed nearer the time.
Where To Find Stonedeaf Festival
1. Where is Stonedeaf Festival?
Stonedeaf Festival is located at Newark Agricultural Showground, Lincoln Road, Winthorpe, Coddington, Newark NG24 2NY
The nearest train stations to site are Newark Castle Station & Newark Northgate Station
2. Carparking and campervans/caravans
Car parking is free and included in your ticket, though there is a small charge for caravans/campervans please see ticket page. There are no vehicle restrictions for the campsite and the car parks. There are no electric hook ups in the campsite so charge up your batteries.
FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT www.stonedeaffestival.co.uk/ticketterms/ and it is each individuals responsibility to make sure that they are aware of the content. Any questions please email Stonedeaf Productions Ltd – firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Are there hotels nearby?
There are several hotels both in Newark and the surrounding areas, but be sure to book up as soon as you can as rooms are likely to book up fast. Here are some of the hotels in the area:
- Beaumond Cross Inn – 01636 703670 – http://www.beaumondcrossinn.co.uk
- Newark Lodge Guest House – 01636 703999 – http://www.newarklodge.co.uk
- Acers Serviced Accommodation – 01636 610357
- The Hollies – 01636 707486 – http://www.theholliesnewark.co.uk
- Grange Hotel – 01636 703399 – http://www.grangenewark.co.uk
- Millgate House Hotel – 01636 704445 – http://www.millgatehousehotel.com
- Ashiana Hotel – 01636 678969 – http://www.ashiana.net
- Bridgehouse B&B – 01636 674663 – http://www.arnoldsbandb.co.uk
- The Lions – 01636 643880 – http://www.thelionsnewark.uk
- Best Western, Deincourt – 01636 602100 – http://www.bestwestern.co.uk
- Travelodge, Newark – 08719 846088 – http://www.travelodge.co.uk
4. What time does the arena open on Saturday?
Arena gates will be open 10.30am with Samarkind hitting the stage at 11.30am. The show will end at 11pm.
©Stonedeaf Productions Ltd. Stonedeaf Festival ‘One Day, One Stage, One Monster Show’